Supporting Children at Home
Latest guidance on supporting your children while they are at home
Faith at Home
You can watch weekly collective worship sessions led by The National Oak Academy.
Please click on the link to view.
Learning from Afar
You might want to click on the following links to use webcams to find out about animals and the world around us.
https://artsandculture.google.com/ Explore extreme locations around the world or take a peak in some museums.
https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/index.php/videos watch and learn about some of your favourite animals
https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams Watch sea otters, sharks, jelly fish, coral reef or penguins
https://accessmars.withgoogle.com/ Leave the planet and explore the surface of the red planet
https://www.thechinaguide.com/destination/great-wall-of-china Discover the Great Wall of China from the comfort of your own home
Supporting Children Online
The following link provides information and links to additional online activities and lessons for children and parents to access at home.
School closures have resulted in children spending more time on line and this unfortunately could result in safeguarding issues. Below brings together a number of agencies/ web sites parents and children can go to, in order to report concerns or seek advice.
School closures have resulted in children spending more time on line and this unfortunately could result in safeguarding issues. Below brings together a number of agencies/ web sites parents and children can go to, in order report concerns or seek advice-
Resources to support parents and carers to keep their children safe online:
It is essential to have and communicate clear reporting routes so that children, teachers, parents and carers can raise any safeguarding concerns.
Schools may wish to review the existing arrangements to ensure they are appropriate during school closures, or if additional or alternative arrangements need to be put in place.
Schools should consider signposting to the practical support that’s available for reporting harmful or upsetting content as well as bullying and online abuse.
Harmful or upsetting content
Get support by:
Bullying or abuse online
Schools may also wish to use resources such as Tootoot to provide a confidential route for pupils to report bullying or abuse.
Schools can access the free Professionals Online Safety Helpline which supports the online safeguarding of both children and professionals. Call 0344 381 4772 or email email@example.com. The helpline is open from Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm.
Additionally, if you have any concerns please remember we are here to help and you can contact staff via the school phone number 770462
Why don't you have a go at the Athletics Running Challenge. You will need to demonstrate some of our key values such as determination to try and register your highest score!
1. Sportshall Athletics Home Pentathlon
The Home Pentathlon is a fun way for families to take part in adapted Sportshall Athletics events within their home environment. The full details can be found at - http://www.sportshall.org/homepentathlon . The guidance notes and online score system are supported by a set of Youtube clips which have been narrated by Olympic medallist Katharine Merry.
2. Youth Sport Trust Resources
The YST have developed a significant number of resources and the links, below, will take you to two activities that can be done indoors or outdoors, individually or in pairs, and they are suitable for KS1 and KS2.
3) Football resources- if you have football mad children that may be more focused on academic activity if it is football based, then the attached worksheet from Club Wembley may help.
4) Funetics – fun, safe and interactive running, jumping and throwing activities to help parents keep their children active at home.
5) Imoves -These resources are super easy to use - no login is required and no password. All I ask is that teachers sign up using the link below - they will then receive an email with a link to all the resources which they can share with parents: http://join.theimovement.com/
6) Keep Moving Suffolk underpins Sport England’s excellent ‘Join the Movement’ campaign by providing a local offer of support and encouragement to local people to get active and stay active during the Coronavirus outbreak.
7) Chance to Shine -https://www.chancetoshine.org/staying-active-during-the-covid-19-outbreak
8) Active Suffolk - https://www.activesuffolk.org/covidschoolsupport