Last week we started off a Science investigation looking at the following 6 questions:
1. Can plants survive in a fridge? (colder temperatures)
2. Can plants survive without any roots?
3. Can plants survive without any leaves?
4. Can plants survive without a flower?
5. Can plants survive in the dark?
6. Can plants survive without any water?
Mrs Bell took the plants home and checked on them everyday. The results were not what I was expecting or what you predicted!
Here is what I found:
All the plants survived! No change at all, they all measured the same size. The only change found was that some plants wilted/ drooped. The plants in the dark slightly turned a lighter colour. The plants which we cut off the leaves started to grow back.
Therefore I have decided to save the plants and look after them well.